Guidelines

Donald R McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Thu Apr 13 12:44 MDT 2000

Scott, Bill and List,

The Home Office does not like the idea of posting the Guidelines on the
CAUT Website. It is a matter of economics. I can understand their
argument and I am not inclined to do battle over it.

Bill Shull recommends that we do a sales pitch for the Guidelines on the
website. Most definitely so IMHO. Also, when the review and revision of
the Guidelines is complete, I hope to have a database template of the
formula available on the site for download. The database will not have
any information on how to use the variables. One will have to purchase
the Guidelines to make it useful.

I could use a little help from someone out there in regard to this
database. It would be best to have the database made as a stand alone
application. This would allow one to open it without the need for a
specific program. One way this can be accomplished is to find someone
with programing skills who can build the application in Mac and Windows
formats. This could get expensive if we cannot find a volunteer and
would have to pay for the service. Another way is to create a stand
alone for both formats using FileMaker Pro 5.0 Developers Edition. If
anyone out there has this program please contact me. I have already made
the database in FileMaker 3.0. If I understand the promos for Developers
correctly, it would be a simple matter to convert to stand alone. At
this time I do not have the spare money to purchase Developers. I am
trying to get the school to purchase it but so far no success.

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College