Baroque Festival

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu Oct 28 08:01 MDT 1999

List,

   For those of you interested in HT's, I just thought I'd post
something that, to me, is unbelievable.
   Starting this Saturday, this festival goes for abut a week
and is primarily being done by the Houston Symphony. Composers
such as Vivaldi, Bach, Handel, Purcell, Telemann and Corelli all
have works being performed.
   What I find hard to understand is that all the concerts with
the Symphony people are performed in ET and at A-442, their
standard pitch. This means that for a triple concerto they're
doing, I'm going to have to raise ours to stabilize it so that
the symphony tuner won't have to fight that when he's tuning the
3 together. :-(
   I know some might just say, so.....? But I can't believe
they're doing a Baroque Festival this way. Oh well, at least _I_
don't have to tune for any of it except one. And that one is at
least at A-440 with one of our faculty members.
   Just thought some might find this "curious". :-)

Avery

P.S. If anyone is interested in a listing of all the works, let
     me know and I'll post it privately.
mailto:atodd@uh.edu - Work

mailto:avery@ev1.net - Home

Avery Todd, RPT