Jig & Yamaha Scale Help

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Wed Oct 20 16:14 MDT 1999

List,

    Would anyone happen to know the PT Journal
issue where Bill Spurlock describes how to
build his Grand Damper Lever Setting Jig? I'm
just trying to save some time wading through
past issues.
    Also, would anyone happen to have the plain
wire scale for the Yamaha G3E Series grands,
#1413173 (1971 according to Pierce).
    Some "thoughtful" students have removed all
portions of several broken strings on these
and I hate having to let down tension to measure
one next to it. On these models, the number is
not on the plate. I'm assuming it would be
metric.
    It would save me a lot of time, so thanks for
any help anyone can give me.
mailto:atodd@uh.edu - Work

mailto:avery@ev1.net - Home

Avery Todd, RPT