Budget, etc.,(was;caut-digest)

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue Mar 2 06:07 MST 1999

At 06:59 AM 3/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>  What is the typical budget for maintenance.  If you would, would you please
state the
>institution (if you don't mind), the number of pianos and the annual dollar
>budgeted - not for wages, just parts or sent out jobs.

Local music school
20 pianos
$0  budgeted for maintenance,  It's fix as inexpensively as possible when and
if broken.

Sometimes one can only patch so much, as with their S&S A.  I am currently
preparing
an L to propose a purchase and trade-in the A.  The money involved from them
for this
transaction would be less than rebuilding the A.   Wish me luck.

Many times people are surprised to hear that I 'maintain' their pianos because
they are
in such dismal condition.  I'm about to the point where if someone's eyebrows
go up one
more time on the topic;  I will comment how it is just as much their fault as
it is mine.
Afterall, they do not donate the money for repairs just as I do not donate my
time.

I've thought about a proposal of placing me on salary , say $500/mo; this
way I
could
wend my way through the mire and get things in order over time. I think I will
make that
pitch when I propse the A/L deal and see want figure their budget will bear.

BTW:  A  -  6'4" , black, needs r/r     b/o   (current bid 10K)
The more I can get for this, the less $ they need to kick in.

Regards,

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)