Maint. budget WAS:Re: caut-digest V1997 #121

Tue Mar 2 05:46 MST 1999

Sam,

At 06:59 3/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, I want to let you all know there are quite a few of us out here who do
>not always appear on your pages, but do follow the threads -  and really
>appreciate it. Thanks.

We appreciate your appreciation, but please don't bounce the entire 30k
digest back at us, OK?

That said...

>Following up a bit on Dave Forman's earlier  questions re: Salary, etc.,
>would everyone please forward one bit more information.  What is the typical
>budget for maintenance.

Sorry I can't be of any help on this one. I don't have a budget.  If I need
something I just put in a requisition. The department head, who is also the
head of the piano faculty ;-}, always seems to find the money somewhere.  I
never ask where.  At the end of the school year he sometimes asks me if
there is anything I need, as he found money in some other budget that isn't
being spent.  Is this the best of all possible worlds, or what?

Luther College, Decorah, IA
90 pianos/4 harpsichords/5 pipe organs/1 tech

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu

         Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) of
   Biopowered Digitally Activated Tone Generation Systems
"If you have to plug it in, or you can't watch how it works,
                I don't work on it."