teflon bushings

Tue Dec 21 08:44 MST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: David ilvedson <ilvey@jps.net>
To: <caut@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 1999 8:33 AM
Subject: Re:teflon bushings

> I have to admit it has been awhile since I reamed a teflon
> bushing, but I remember being taught to score (roll between
> two bastard files) a centerpin the same size as the one in the
> bushing.  You used this in a pin vise.  Anyone else use this
> method?
>
> David I.

This might be good enough for the occasional emergency, but if you want good
results you'll go with specialized reamers.  This method did more to destroy
the chances of the Teflon bushing's success than anything else.

Rather than have us repeat everything that was said on this subject, you
might want to check the archives.  This subject was discussed at some length
a few months (maybe quite a few...) back.

-- ddf