new Steinway hammers (was Flexible collodion...)

Vince Mrykalo Vince@byu.edu
Mon Dec 13 08:58 MST 1999

It certainly would require more expense for them to do something which would
require much more time, special training and talent, which the factory man
doesn't have, generally. For S&S to hire enough people for such an endeavor...
well, forget it.

At 05:58 PM 12/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear List,

>The talk was more than an hour long, so the above is just a sketch. I was
>puzzled by the whole approach, though, because it seemed like a great deal of
>work to prepare something which had just been purchased. One of my more
>forthright classmates asked why this was not all done at the factory, where
>solutions, ventilation, experience, etc., were all available; no answer was
>given and he did not feel that the question was well received.
>
>So I give you this somewhat in puzzlement and look forward to any comments.
>
>Dorrie Bell
>Associate Member, PTG

Vinny
Institute Committee member, PTG