New Steinway hammers... was Collodium etc

David M. Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Sat Dec 11 07:40 MST 1999

I'm with Mark on this one.  The only times I have used Steinway NY hammers
in the past 8 or 10 years is when the owner specifies "Genuine Steinway"
parts (it's their piano.)  The rest of the time I use Renner and face far
less work, create much better sound (my opinion) and happier customers.
I've had to dope one set of Renners (on a Steinway D), other than that it
is hang-'em, voice-'em, play-'em.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net