Renner back action question

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed Aug 4 19:01 MDT 1999

 Tom asks:
> How do you set the proper spring tension, as recommended
>in the manual? More specifically, at what point in the upward travel
>of the underlever do you regulate the tension?

Greetings,
     While not the factory suggested procedure, I have had success with
turning the rack upside down, and regulating the springs so that they have
just enough power to suspend the underlevers approx. 1/8" from the rack.
This provides a little more spring on the heavier weighted underlevers.  If a
 spring is obviously too strong, it is a simple matter of pulling the
underlever down to bend the spring, which will ease the tension, but be
careful, it is easy to overdo this.
   For eveness, I bump the rack up and  down so that I can see any
underlevers that fall more than others.  I get a very even spring load this
way, and everything has functioned well, (7 installations, so far, I think.)
Regards,
Ed Foote