Hammer Replacement

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon Oct 26 19:40 MST 1998

Hi Dave:

I always felt that the key performance piano should be used only for
Concerts. If that is not possible, then more frequent replacement will
be needed. If the piano is also used by performance majors for their
regular practice (16 Hours a day) then, you should plan on replacement
of hammers shanks and flanges every two years. If it has limited use by
piano instructors, perhaps replacement every 4 or 5 years will be good.

Upper Treble strings will need to be replaced with every second hammer
replacement.

Jim Coleman, Sr.