Email Privacy

qmgate Custodian qmgate_Custodian@qmgate.cc.oberlin.edu
Tue Oct 6 07:55 MDT 1998

		> THIS IS A MESSAGE IN 'MIME' FORMAT.
		> Some parts of it will be readable as plain text.

Mail*Link=AE SMTP               Email Privacy

I just thought I would nip this one in the bud.  My supervisor has my
email user name and password now in a sealed envelope in the key safe
that lives under the secretary's desk.  She has instructed me not to
change my password.  I think she singled me out for that special
instruction.

Since I have been here, she has overseen about four terminations.  I
really think that the main motivation for her request was to facilitate
employee departures. I can't imagine any other emergency that would
require her to have access to this info.

I have not heard from anyone else in administration except to say that
they are looking into it.

At any rate, I have decided not to worry myself over it.  I can't throw
stones because it also against written policy for anyone in the
University to sell private goods with UC technology.   So now that I
have purchased a web site and an email account with a provider in
California,  BUY THE CD from me!  Update your records for my new email
address!
--
Michael Wathen   The Wapin Bridge CD is out!

------------------ MIME Information follows ------------------

--------------30910402E2FCA4CF9581D280

<<<<<< See above "Message Body" >>>>>>

--------------30910402E2FCA4CF9581D280

<<<<<< See Enclosure named "vcard.vcf" >>>>>>

--------------30910402E2FCA4CF9581D280--