Fwd: piano courses

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Thu May 28 19:18 MDT 1998

List,

A friend of mine sent the following message and would like our help.  Please
read it and address responses to me and I will discuss it with him.

Thanks for your time,

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College
Cahhoun, GA USA
Gilreath@aol.com

In a message dated 98-05-28 16:57:59 EDT, XCKK00A@prodigy.com writes:

<< Allan,
 I've been planning to attend W. Iowa Tech this fall, for one semester, as a
 "total immersion" in piano tech.  I found out yesterday that they are not
 accepting new students, due to Doug Neal's poor health, and there is a
 chance (according to the counselor I spoke with) that the school may
 discontinue the program.  So today I called Ann Garee at Florida State in
 Tallahassee.  At one time they offered 4 or 5 courses, including
 "internship" and I was hoping to arrange something there.  We had a great
 chat, she is very supportive and had a good idea. (Which is where you come
 in):  Could you post a message to the univ.tech list asking everyone to
 list what piano tech courses they teach?
 It goes beyond just my needs.  The list the home office sent me is very
 inaccurate and out of date.  Half a dozen schools that I know about have
 closed their programs in the last 5 - 10 years.  About the only programs
 left are N. Bennet and New England (both in Boston, Extremely Excellent and
 Expensive) Central Piedmont, Grayson co, Shenandoah, Perkins, & Fla State
 have all discontinued their programs.
 I would be happy to organize/catagorize all the raw data if you forward it
 to me.  Then after compiling I could send it on to the home office and
 anyone else.
 Let me know what you think.
 Thanks,
         Sheffey
 *May the Peace that passes all understanding be with you, now and always.*

An embedded message was scrubbed...