Piano Pitch This Year

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Sat Feb 28 08:02 MST 1998

Hi Mike,

   I'm also seeing some more stability creeping in since we've moved into
our new building. It also is humidity controlled. The problem is that so
many of the pianos were in areas of the old building which were extremely
bad that it's taking a while for them to acclimate to this building.
Unfortunately, all were tuned within about 2 months of moving.
   However, I think next school year I'll see some definite improvement
in stability. That would be extremely welcome since I now have almost 150
pianos to try and care for, including 40 lease pianos. Forget much
stability there. :-)

Avery

>Hello Univ.Techs,
>     Are you finding pianos didn't try to go as far flat this winter?  I
>am! Is it this new "humidity controlled" building we just moved into or
>is it El Nino?  Here it's been raining all winter, a little different
>than the typical -10 with snow.
>
>-Mike Jorgensen RPT
>School of Music
>Central Michigan University