Another Question

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Sat Dec 12 09:22 MST 1998

List,

   In my Bluthner pedals post, I mentioned that the dealer had asked me
about the possiblility of doing some store work. What he's looking for
is someone who is competent to regulate, voice, etc. There's others who
can do the floor tunings but he's had trouble finding someone good
enough to work on the types of pianos he carries: Bluthner, Beckstein,
Bosendorfer, Seiler, Petrof and a few others.
   Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to determine my fees in
a situation like this? Percentage of my tuning fee? Hourly rate? Daily
minimum if I spend the entire day? Other?
   I want to keep it low enough to ensure that he'll have me do the work
(I think it'd be enjoyable) but high enough so he'll think of me as a
professional technician and not a $15.00 a piano floor tuner.
   Any thoughts will be appreciated as this will probably be discussed
sometime this coming week. Thanks.

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music