S&S Hieght of damper underlever tray

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Tue Oct 21 08:03 MDT 1997

Hi Lorin,
     I'm new to the e-mail and lists and so please forgive me if my
proticol is not correct but I do have a few thoughts on this interesting
problem;
     Is this a new-sudden problem?  Has this pianist practiced on this
piano for years?  Problems due to wear usually occur gradually.  I
wonder if the term "too Sensitive" could refer to inadequate resistance
in the pedal instead of the lack of lost motion you discovered?   Has
the damper tray assembly shifted or become loose in some way?  Altering
the key height will change action geometry which could cause regulation
and touch problems and/or fitting problems at the key slip and fall
board. Any change here must be carefully thought out.

Mike Jorgensen RPT
Central Michigan University