Pianodisc/Pianomation systems

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Thu Jun 19 13:02 MDT 1997

A Some students here have the feeling that devices like these are job
>supplanters, and don't want to encourage their use.

Understood. That is a real problem, although the abilties around
composition and duet work practice are fantastic. Exporting data to midi is
a feature that is also very usable, without stealing jobs. I've noticed
that a lot of high-tech items in the music dept are missing their
tree-ware. Without the manuals, nobody can truly benefit from the unit.
Music students (and faculty) are likely the worst when it comes to reading
instructions. Maybe the dealer can set up a mini-tech for a choice few
dept. staff.

>I really didn't mean to take a shot at anything.  This was just an
>observation about the use of this 1 unit at this 1 school.

Again, understood. Can you tell you found one of my 'hot-switches'?
An old sig-line had to do with open minds and failing at skydiving. I'll
bring it back, sometime.
Guy

 When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.