CAUT group

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 18 18:34 MDT 1997

Dear CAUTs,

Would anyone be interested in posting his/her name and school to the list?
It might be nice to know to whom we are posting (or not posting, as the
case may be).

Perhaps we on CAUT can focus on institutional issues pertaining to piano
service, much the same format as when the late Jack Reeves set up
pianotech@byu.edu.

Anyway, I look forward to corresponding with you all.

Technical portion: have any of you had any experience with moving knuckles
to correct downweight/upweight measurements in Steinways of the late 70s
and early 80s? We have relocated knuckles on three pianos (2 Bs and 1 D),
with generally wonderful results in both touch and tone.

Tom Seay
School of Music
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX