Rebushing Damper Guide Rail

Robert B Edwardsen edwardsn@mail.rpa.net
Mon Jun 16 11:47 MDT 1997

I am about to rebush the damper guide rails of a Steinway A from 1917 with
the double felt/cloth configuration and thought I would ask others
experience with these rails before re-inventing the wheel.  I thought there
would be three possibilities:
        1.  Replace both felt & cloth with one very thick bushing cloth
        2.  Leave the outer felt (not cloth) and just replace the bushing cloth
        3.  Replace both felt and cloth with duplicate material
What does anyone think?  Thank you for your input.

Rob Edwardsen, RPT
University of Rochester

Mark Your Calendars Now For NYSCON 97!
October 17-19,1997