[pianotech] Fwd: Steinert grand

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Thu Jan 31 11:07:29 MST 2013

I wonder why you would go to so much trouble, when, if you were not going to replace the back action with new parts, you could simply drill and screw down the flanges without removing them. Use flat-bottom screws to avoid splitting the flanges. Takes about an hour and avoids all the splitting, breaking, repairing, and subsequent gluing, alignment, traveling and regulating work on the removed parts? Am I missing something?

~Mark Schecter