[pianotech] Steinway age

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Tue Jan 29 18:45:24 MST 2013

Just FYI, Wim - there should be a casting date on the tail of the plate,
behind the bottom of the long bridge. Before about 1910, this used the
year, in european sytle, like 29/1/13. Starting about 1910 they switched
to a letter code for the year. Since the pianos took several months to
build, dates late in the year would mean the piano wasn't completed
until the following year.

- Mark