[pianotech] Fixing flexy stage dolly

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Mon Jan 28 21:47:02 MST 2013

The stage hands tried turning the wheels yesterday, or so they thought,
but it wasn't solid enough for this pianist. But I don't know for sure
exactly how they did it, because by the time I got there for touchup
just before doors, they had wedged the dolly and he was happy. I don't
fault the player at all, because I have felt the movement and I
understand it could be troubling for some players. In fact, I appreciate
his input, as this solution that I will implement will benefit
everybody, even though many won't know it.

My thanks to you and others who have contributed to this thread, as I
now have a better idea than I started with, and that is a wonderful
thing. Thanks!

~Mark Schecter