[pianotech] cutting ivory into a circular shape

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Thu Jan 24 16:11:53 MST 2013

Ok now Debbie, let us know about it drying.  Does it curl??  .......  or did
you clamp it??

I have the same set of punches.  You could punch a number of them before
emptying it out.  I might just do that for fun!!

Yes, soaking works.

I soaked an old ivory head, in water, for about 3 hours. Just fished it
out and tried punching a circle. Care is need in removing the circle
from the punch...I did it by gently pushing it out with my pinky.

Sure works!

Debbie Legg