[pianotech] Hammer Head Removal Tool

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Jan 23 05:37:36 MST 2013

 >...gives the user so much control that you can squeeze the hammers off
nicely with the flanges screwed to the rail.

That tool has been at the top of my to-buy list. Probably in the next
order :-)    I've been encountering newish pianos which require some
hammer rehanging. I had to resort to my plier-type with a hammer to
break the glue joint. But still with these tight PVA joints, I'd prefer
to remove the shanks from the rail; better save than sorry. I know some
would break on me, just my luck. Will that tool push thru the wood on an
upright hammer? I might still be inclined to cut them off. ("If there
was a Pessimist Award, I doubt if I could win it.")

Regards,

Jon Page