[pianotech] Replacement suggestions for a Baldwin Upright

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 22 18:14:47 MST 2013

Terry said:
" have a client with a 1983 Baldwin Studio Upright (model #4021) and all
the hammer felts have come unglued from their moldings. I'm looking for
recommendations on a set of replacement hammers. The owner likes a
mellow-sounding piano in general. I'm thinking Ronsen or maybe Abel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Terry,
I would strongly suggest Ronsen Bacon. That would be about as close to the
originals as is possible in todays bunch of hammers. Or..<G> perhaps some
Chinese Q-Tips.<G> Just joking
Best,
Joe
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.