[pianotech] Bass string maker problem

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jan 16 19:03:56 MST 2013

On 1/16/2013 2:22 PM, Patrick Poulson wrote:

> I am having a continual problem with getting bass strings duplicated
> accurately.

At various times, I've used Schaff, Mapes, Arledge, and J D Grant. I've
never had JDG duplicate anything, as I email him measurements, but I've
never gotten a mislocated wrap, had a loop (or a dozen) break, had
strings make weird noises or rattles. The only time I've gotten a string
from him that didn't fit beautifully was when I screwed up the
measurement. Can't say that for the rest.
Ron N