[pianotech] Reducing tuning time (was Re: frustrated)

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 09:44:38 MST 2013

Yes Jerry it is called action cloth. Its for sticker/ abstract felting,wippen heels....ahhh you know that.
 I use the thick stuff from Schaff. I've use this material for mutes for about 30 years.
   I strip the material in 1/2 inch or so pieces and hot glue the  ends together  so I have on continuous piece.
  The more worn pieces I use in the high treble and the newer thicker pieces in the bass and tenor.

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos
www.Erwinspiano.com