[pianotech] Reducing tuning time (was Re: frustrated)

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Fri Jan 11 19:58:18 MST 2013

Thanks, this is all great advice.

Now - what are the tricks to strip mute ?

When I first started, I tried to strip mute and could never get enough space in the loops and the felt seemed too thick.

Also, since most of mine are uprights, it seems the traditional strip mute is too wide for the upper notes (either the
dampers are in the way or the hammers are blocks)

There must be a special technique for getting the right size loop - and - getting the right size mute felt so the above
does not happen.

Would thick key bushing cloth work ? (I have a whole roll of that - used in various places for player work)

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding