[pianotech] OT

John Ashcraft jaashcraft at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:48:14 MST 2013

Les,
There is another solution for presbyopia when you are myopic, as I am. I
tried bifocals and gave up. I'm 65 and still use single-power lenses. The
trick is to have glasses that can be positioned at any desired distance
down your nose. If I have mine tight against the bridge of my nose, I have
distance vision. If I move them down 1/4", I have computer/reading vision.
If I put them down at the end of my nose, I see sharply at 8". I see at 5"
with the glasses off. This works best with extreme myopia; I don't know how
bad your eyes are. The downside is that you look really old with the
glasses down your nose. On the other hand, there comes a time when we
decide how we see is more important than how we look.

(I know this thread is old and dead, but I was off tuning in my old haunts
and didn't have time to check the list.)

John Ashcraft