[pianotech] Worst Bass/Tenor Crossover in Universe

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jan 10 14:51:42 MST 2013

On 1/10/2013 3:30 PM, Terry Farrell wrote:

> I don't think painting West System epoxy on a bridge body is going to "tightly link the pins to the cap".

Actually, it should do exactly that, especially with a little heat to
get the epoxy to suck down around the pins some.

> Putting epoxy in the bridge pin holes and coating the base of the bridge pin with epoxy will help.

There's almost no benefit to getting epoxy in the bottom of the hole if
the bridge is already (or still) reasonably solid. The termination and
need for solidity is at the surface of the cap.
Ron N