[pianotech] Worst Bass/Tenor Crossover in Universe

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jan 9 06:54:10 MST 2013

On 1/8/2013 6:32 PM, Encore Pianos wrote:
> “The end result is that /pressure on the sounding board has been greatly
> reduced, thereby further increasing acoustic efficiency.” //They seem to
> be making the claim that reducing the pressure on the soundboard will
> always result in an increase of acoustic efficiency.

If the soundboard presents less resistance to movement by not being
compressed as much, I expect it is more acoustically efficient,
depending on how you define acoustic efficiency. "Ideal" piano tone has
been judged from the beginning from not very efficient, uniform, or
dependable soundboards, so a lot of this depends on the board.

Ron N