[pianotech] Does it pay?

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 19:34:14 MST 2013

About 6 weeks ago I had an accident, and my car was totaled. So I got a new car, (Jeep Patriot). If you recall, I had a sign on the back window of the other car. I didn't get a chance to put a new sign on my new car until a week ago Friday, which cost $650.

The next Monday I had to go to the post office. When I got back to my car, a man in the space next to mine was waiting for me. "You tune pianos?"  "Yes". "Can we schedule an appointment"? Not only did we scheduled an appointment for the piano at his house, but he is a minister, and after I tuned his piano, we scheduled an appointment to tune 3 pianos at his church. I also pre-scheduled the next appointment and will pre-schedule the pianos in the church. All total, with the four tunings this year, and the 4 tunings next year, I made $800, which more than paid for the car sign.

If I had not had the sign on my car, the minister would have just gotten in his car and driven off. In other words, if you need more business, put a sign on you car. It will pay for itself in no time.

Wim