[pianotech] German Loop Tools

Bruce Browning justpianos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 18:10:13 MST 2013

List,
I've thought about building one of these into the wooden handle of my hammer.
I've already drilled into the hammer handle, from the end, to allow
for the insertion of a tuning pin, with appropriately placed screw to
wind string onto pin, for restringing.
Since you'll have the tool out, why not incorporate all features in one.

On 04/01/2013, Joseph Garrett <joegarrett at earthlink.net> wrote:
> As promised, here's three pics of the tools needed to make consistent nice
> looking German Loops. In the first photo, (sent with this post), the looper
> block and vice grips are together. To explain a bit: The block shown has
> the screw head too close to the hole. It should be about .075" farther
> away. I used standard steel rod, (not drill rod).

Bruce Browning
The Piano Tuner