[pianotech] "interesting" pianos

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 01:17:17 MST 2013

And isn't it curious that many owners will put more into how a piano looks than how it plays???
The most extreme example of piano modification I've ever found is in one in a Sunday school class here, where someone cut a full-sized upright down into spinet size, by chopping the whole bottom of the piano off (plate included) or maybe cutting a swath out of the plate in the middle and welding the remaining halves together,
restringing it, and etc.. (I don't remember.) "Twilight-Zone-Quality" weird!!! (And it sounded truly dreadful, and was not a profitable business model, I suspect --- just an ambitious one!)

Thumpe