[pianotech] Fallboard repair

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 18:35:58 MST 2013

I would clamp a piece of plywood to the outside of the fall board, with a piece of wax paper between the plywood and fallboard. Drill out the hole with a 1/4" drill to about 3" and put in a hammershank. Fill the rest of the hole with epoxy. Saw the shank off flush with the edge of the fallboard. After it has set, drill a hole of the screw. Then remove the plywood.

Wim