[pianotech] [ptech] Test

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 13:11:38 MST 2013

Having done my test (to Pianotech at googlegroups.com) post successfully from
my regular email without opening a gmail account and with an attachment, I
think I'm with JD on this and trying to negotiate terms with another ISP,
find a way to fund a staffer, etc., is too much trouble, too much
organization and I don't see it happening, at least for now, and I'm not
sure I see any benefit, just more headaches.  I would be fine with just
using this forum as it is and let google handle it and see where it goes.  I
have my concerns about google (which may or may not be warranted--not my
area of expertise) but JD may well be right, there may be some benefits on
keeping it simple this way.

One side benefit to moving here, the picture I posted was 2 MB (didn't
shrink it first) and it did come through fine.  I don't know if there is a
long term storage issue.

On a related topic, the talk of leaving the PTG over this I think (and hope)
is hyperbolic.  I took Mark S.'s note as a serious and honest concern but I
don't see people actually leaving over this.  The PTG performs other
important functions outside of the list.  As much as the HL transition
annoys the hell out of me, hopefully people have enough sense not to be one
issue voters.

I did cross post this message to pianotech at ptg.org

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com