[pianotech] Illustrated Guide to Google Signup, (or whatever<G>)

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Tue Feb 26 09:15:58 MST 2013

Whoops, sorry Joe, just getting back to this one. Been writing a lot of
email :-D

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Joseph Garrett <joegarrett at earthlink.net>wrote:

> Thank you for that. However, there are two issues that no one has address:
> 1. The Digest Users, (which includes moi<G>)

You can be a digest user, by using the option that Rob McCall has pointed
out.

> 2. How do we know if there are
> posts? i.e. there is nothing that tells us there is traffic in that
> platform, unless we log on and all that.

You probably bumped into the web interface of Google Groups. The main mode
of operation for a Google Group is via email. So you know there is traffic
because you receive an email. If you want to use the web interface, you are
free to, but the main point for our purpose is that email is a first-class
citizen in a Google Group, it works like email should. You may use the web
interface if you like, it's very Gmail'ish, but that isn't our focus.