[pianotech] Say goodbyebye Folks

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Feb 25 11:26:49 MST 2013

On 2/25/2013 8:44 AM, Joseph Giandalone wrote:

> As a relative Babe-In-The-Woods (both as regards IT and as regards
> PTG and tech listserve history and infighting) : What would it take
> to keep the PianoTech list operating as it has been?

Some obviously missing intelligence and sanity.

>What kind of
> expenses and hours and know-how are required? Would people be willing
> to contribute $ if that were required? (I could see making a yearly
> or quarterly contribution to it.)

Whatever the excuse, it's not the time or cost that is the problem. It's
that the old antiquated open source list works, and the expensive and
cumbersome HL system doesn't, and makes our hired guns look bad. It's
personal for someone. If we don't have anything functional for contrast,
we'll happily and mindlessly embrace the HL experience like the demented
little sheep we are.

Ron N