[pianotech] Fork and piano temperature/pitch

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 22 12:43:51 MST 2013

John,
Who said I "carry" all that in my main Tuning Kit? I have many tool kits with lots of necessary stuff, that stays in my vehicle until needed! Unlike those techs that carry one size fits all sort of thing, because they use mass transit or a murdercycle or Bike cycle thing, I drive an SUV that is capable of carring my necessary tools and can carry an action, (grand or Upright).<G> That little temp. gauge is about the size of a screw driver handle and definately doesn't add much weight, since it's solid state electronics.
Best,
Joe
P.S.
I consider an Accu-Fork to be excessive baggage! It's big, bulky and unnecesary in my world.<G> As for tuning forks for "backup"...Nah! It's 17th century technology that is far from any consistant accuracy imo.<G> (I do carry 4 different ones in one of my kits, (A=425/A=435/A=440/Bflat re:440) Food for thought<G>