[pianotech] apprentice

Don Hubbs donhubbs at mwt.net
Mon Feb 11 09:28:37 MST 2013

I am getting older (63) and think I have enough business now to add an
apprentice, but I am not sure how best to find someone. I have always been a
one-man operation in a rural area and so I have had to learn to do whatever
came along for work.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to solicit for someone strong enough
to do the lifting, smooth enough to sell the tunings, young and poor enough
to need the work, good with case repair and touch-up, willing to live in
rural Wisconsin, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, etc.?

On the plus side, I have a steady business, shop space, tools and equipment,
patience, and a willingness to train someone.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Don Hubbs

donhubbs at mwt.net