[pianotech] Muffler rail

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 6 13:56:23 MST 2013

Marshall said:
"Hi Paul,Sorry you cannot see the picture. I copied and pasted it from my
e-mail. I wonder if it came up as a blank box. The pedal does work and has
quite a bit of spring action it seems. Its just that it pulls the rail
toward the player rather than over the hammers. I'm going to see if the pic
will work this time. Thanks Paul"
Marshal,
>From your original description, it sounds like you failed to install the
rail back UNDER the upstop pin! (that upstop dowel/block is usually on the
right side of the inside of the case, in close proximity to the pivot pin
hole for the rail.) Consequently, it's vertical instead of horizontal!
Young Clangs are a pretty basic ill-conceive copy of a good system, so they
tend to cause more problems than some other systems.<G> I hope that is the
case.<G<
Best,
Joe

Marshall