[pianotech] First Pinblock

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 11:04:00 MST 2013

I don't drill in the piano and while I do as much fitting as is reasonable
and don't "pile on" the epoxy I still often get some minor squeeze out
depending on the piano and the proximity of the tuning pin or screw holes to
the edge.  I don't think I'm particularly sloppy in this but I like enough
material there to insure a 100% fit across the flange.

The point is I don't think *not* doing the final mating with the material of
choice as the last step before everything goes together runs any real risk
compromising the mating if you install at least some of the plate screws
during the mating process itself.

Different strokes.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com