[pianotech] More Wierd - Must be the full moon<G>

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 30 10:38:42 MDT 2012

Terry,
If you believe that, I've got some really great bottom land for you, in
Vernonia Oregon!<G> I've been using epoxies before you could even spell
it.<G> I'm inclined to believe that nothing is "permanent"!
Joe

repair to know one when I see it - although I have never seen a failed one.
A picher really would be nice (or even a picture!).

> That is why I prefer to use the two-step epoxy bonding method on any
critical bond. Its basically wet out any/all surfaces you can with
unthickened epoxy (I use West System) and then, if there is any significant
gap, thicken epoxy with a high density adhesive filler until it is thick
like peanut butter and then slather that in the gap. THAT method will not
fail.

> Terry Farrell
>
> On Sep 29, 2012, at 8:10 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:
>
> > Just got back from tuning a Lowry PSO/POS. While suffering it's foibles,
> > two things reared their ugly heads: 1. An epoxy repair I did a few years
> > ago, on the bass bridge, seems to be failing! Yikes! After the initial
R&D
> > of the 70's epoxies, I've pretty much been failure free. Almost to the
> > point of considering an epoxy repair as "permanent"! Definately a rude
> > awakening.<G>
> > 2. I've seen this in many POS/PSO pianos: "Scaled by Charles Frederich
> > Stein". And, looking farther, I find: "High Impact Action designed for
> > Lowry by Charles Frederich Stein". Hmmm? The question is this: Was
Charles