[pianotech] More Wierd - Must be the full moon<G>

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Sep 30 08:56:22 MDT 2012

Hi Joe,

Well, a picher would have helped, but I guess I've seen enough epoxy repair to know one when I see it - although I have never seen a failed one. A picher really would be nice (or even a picture!).

That is why I prefer to use the two-step epoxy bonding method on any critical bond. Its basically wet out any/all surfaces you can with unthickened epoxy (I use West System) and then, if there is any significant gap, thicken epoxy with a high density adhesive filler until it is thick like peanut butter and then slather that in the gap. THAT method will not fail.

Terry Farrell