[pianotech] Damper tray block

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Sep 29 13:34:43 MDT 2012

On 9/29/2012 2:20 PM, David Love wrote:
> It seems like the digging of the corner of the underlever could be
> alleviated by simply rounding the bottom front of the UL in a wider radius.
> Although that would put slightly more surface area contact  on the key end
> felt the less sharp edge  might keep it from digging.

But if it was level at rest, the front edge of the UL wouldn't dig in
under any conditions. It would ride the back edge of the key end felt
during the stroke unless the underside was radiused (or otherwise convex
curved) on the end. I don't know of anything set up that way, although
it ought to be doable with spoons. Would that be a good thing, or a bad
thing?
Ron N