[pianotech] Capstan installation

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Fri Sep 28 11:54:00 MDT 2012

When you drill for the new capstans drill all the way through the key. Then
use a size-on-size pin on the table to index the key below whatever ram you
are using. To drive the capstans home use a bolt (or whatever) with a hole
just larger than the capstan--to facilitate quick locating--to keep the
capstan straight while driving it home.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Fabrication
6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA
Phone  360.515.0119 — Cell  360.388.6525
del at fandrichpiano.comddfandrich at gmail.com