[pianotech] pulley key...

Paul Williams pwilliams4 at unl.edu
Thu Sep 27 14:01:13 MDT 2012

Thank God I've only had to deal with a few of these beasts over the years…

What's worse: that, a Betsy Ross spinet, a Lester?   All nasty abuse (and demise) of the American piano! Or, the disintegration of great old names who became pianos "made in America by factory workers" or whatever that stupid sticker says.  Why did technicians let this continue back in the day and not speak up??  Did they really expect lots of business from these sad excuses for pianos??  If somebody bought a piano for $300, they certainly didn't consider keeping them up, right? Doesn't matter if the tunings back then were only $15-20.

Don't take me as snobby here, but since I do very little tuning outside UNL, if somebody calls with a spinet (most any brand, although some Acrosonics I've tuned are sort of tolerable and playable when I'm finished with them) I refer them to another technician….someone in financial need of business mostly.  I won't refer them to a busy tech with enough to do…

Is that so wronggggg?

Paul