[pianotech] pulley key...

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 12:06:03 MDT 2012

I restored a 1927 Ampico grand for a lady in 1977, that had been given to her as a wedding gift in 1937. She told us that her engagement ring might be in it, dropped during the wedding reception. We found it ( with a diamond about the size of a pea, if I correctly remember) and returned it. But the "funnest" thing I've found were some nickels in the bottom of an early Peerless coin piano (from the 1890's) that were in excellent condition. And the nicest were a rosewood handled Hale hammer and wire bender, and a tuning fork, in the bench of a 1920's "M".