[pianotech] Jesse French Grand

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Sep 14 22:45:30 MDT 2012

On 9/14/2012 8:36 PM, Jurgen Goering wrote:
> Interesting set-up.  However, it defeats the main purpose of the Una
> Corda pedal, which is to change the timbre or tone _quality_ .

I suspect that the current shift una corda prevailed more because it was
REALLY CHEAP and easy to build in, rather than it's wonderful tone and
timbre manipulation potential. Like the pinned bridge string
termination. It is left as an exercise of the casual browser to invent a
justification after the fact of why the survivor is maybe superior, and
the justification is based on what we are used to seeing, which is the
cheaply produced survivor.
Ron N