[pianotech] brass rail duplication

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 11 20:52:54 MDT 2012

On 9/11/12 9:25 PM, Encore Pianos wrote:

> So here I sit with a broken heart, I took 2 bennies and my semi-truck
> won’t start (Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen)

And you're down to seeds and stems again, too....

You'd think there'd be a machine shop out there that could do this
accurately and not too expensively. I have a neighbor who's a metal
sculptor, and there are several marine machine shops not far away. I'll
try to look into this, it's something I've been meaning to ask about for
a while but have never had anyone willing to put the money into it.
There are more than a few decent pianos out there that may need parts
like this replaced. I'm thinking particularly of the English grands that
have a brass "comb" that holds the long center pin in place and spaces
the hammer butts. Do any European suppliers replace these?

--Dave
New Orleans