[pianotech] Re. Baldwin hammers

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Sep 11 13:08:00 MDT 2012

Oh, and that way you can easily tell if there is much squeeze-out out the side of the hammer.  ;-0

Terry Farrell

First, if Terry can do this with his fingers, his are stronger than mine. Second, I think what he is trying to say, however, that if there is squeez-out, be sure not to get it on your fingers. They will be stuck forever.

I had that happen once a long time ago with a key. I CA glued an ivory to a key, holding it in place with my fingers. The phone rang, and 5 minutes later I tried to let go of the key. I had to cut the skin off with a razor blade to separate the two.  Ouch!!!!

Wim